Daily Pony Camp involves the pony pros arriving in the morning and grooming and tacking up their ponies, we encourage the beginning of the equine relationship from the ground up. We focus on ‘ Ground to Mount’ theory where the trust between rider and horse begins from the moment they meet.
Riding at camp consists of the very basics for the beginner rider from learning how to walk on a lead line while learning to steer on their own, to eventually effortlessly guiding their own mount around the ring. STS Pony Pros encompasses all of the fundamentals in order to create strong, effective and beautiful riders. Children will and have advanced quickly with STS due to our safe and skilled methods of training, we bring along all levels or riders and make sure every child is happy and comfortable while progressing to the next level.
Pony Camp Activities
- Trail Rides along side trainers
- Hay bail and horse themed movie nights under the stars
- Pony Pros Slumber Parties at the farm
- Lemonade Stand to collect donations for local horse charity
- Volunteering at a local horse rescue
- ‘All about BRAIDS’
- Farrier clinic ‘All About Hooves’ The Horse Shoe doctors explain all.
- Healthy Horse workshop with Dr. Kara Spillman of Athletic Equine
- Pony Picnics at the farm (parents welcome!)
- Wednesday local horse shows
- Fun Fridays—Slip n Slide and Ice Cream Truck
- Riding clinics with local trainers ( we love visitors!)
- Red light, Green Light riding games.
We at STS make sure that every child has the same attention and focus from our trainers as every other child. This is why two groups are created and one group is out riding while the other is in or around the stable learning the ins and outs of pony and stable care with our very professional staff, cultivating the best Pony Pros they can be!
Developing and nurturing strong riders is our priority while our camp activities will be incorporated weekly.
Come and join the fun of learning to ride while mastering the skills you already have on horseback!
Sign up now to reserve a spot for Summer 2019!
*Ages 5 and Up*
Pony Camp Dates and Times
Week 2: July 2-5
Week 3: July 9-12
Week 4: July 17-19
Week 5: July 23-26
Week 6: July 30-Aug 2
Week 7: August 6-9
Week 8: August 13-16
All Dates Tuesday - Friday 9am - 1:30pm
Thursday evening activities on the farm from 5-6:30 for all above weeks